Thursday, May 21, 2020

Thanks a Bunch

Thanks a Bunch card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from SugarPea Designs
Here's my card for the current Mix it Up challenge at SugarPea Designs.  I paired the sketch with elements from the inspiration photo, including the bike image and the color scheme, to put together this thank you card.

I used SPD's Wheelie Amazing stamps and dies to create the bicycle image.  After assembling the pieces, I used foam tape to adhere the bike to the top of a green dotted panel I'd placed on the bottom of a yellow scalloped panel cut with one of the Birthday Journal Card dies.   To dressup the bike, I stamped the set's flower basket image.  I colored it with Copic markers and cut the colored image out with the coordinating die, then used foam tape to adhere the basket to the rear of the bike.

For the sentiment, I stamped the set's "thanks a bunch" sentiment in bold blue ink on a narrow gray strip.  I tucked the strip beneath the bottom edge of the contrasting blue strip at the bottom of the dotted green panel.  The yellow scalloped panel was matted on a gray panel, then adhered to a green cardstock panel centered on a yellow card base.

Materials Used:
Wheelie Amazing stamps, Wheelie Amazing and Birthday Journal Card dies (SugarPea Designs); Memento Tuxedo Black, Danube Blue, and Gray Flannel inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Barely Banana and Ballet Blue cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Simply Chartreuse cardstock, Simply Chartreuse patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); Grout Gray cardstock (My Favorite Things); mini brads; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips