Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Hey, Sunshine

Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I made a summer inspired design featuring the cutie from the Hey Sunshine stamp set.

Hey, Sunshine card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I colored up the girl and raft image using Copic markers, then used my Scan 'n Cut machine to cut out the colored image.  For the background, I used a curved die with stitched detailing to cut a pair of dark blue "waves."  The waves were layered and adhered to a lighter blue card base, then the image was added on top using foam tape for dimension.  To fill in the scene, I created a die cut sun using an old MFT sun die and a shimmery white cloud using the much newer Cute Cloud Outlines dies. The sun and cloud were placed at the upper left corner of the cardfront, then topped with a fishtail flag strip featuring the set's "hey, sunshine" sentiment.

Materials Used:
Hey Sunshine stamp set, Sunshine, Cute Cloud Outlines, and Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Ocean cardstock (Recollections); Pumpkin Pie cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Crystal Stardream metallic cardstock (The Paper Cut); Landscape Trio dies (Mama Elephant); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips