Thursday, June 11, 2020

Hoping to Make You Smile



Hoping to Make You Smile card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Paper Smooches
Here's my card for the current flower themed challenge at Paper Smooches.  I used the current Mojo Monday sketch to show off one of the pretty flowers from the PS Best Buds stamp set.  The flower and leaves were colored up with Copic markers, then cut out with the matching Best Buds Icons die.  I used foam tape to position the die cut image at the bottom right corner of a white rectangular panel.  The "hoping to make you smile" sentiment from the Kindness Sampler set was stamped across three lines on the white rectangle.  I matted it on contrasting dark pink cardstock.  I'm working on using up a bunch of patterned paper scraps, so when I found the multicolored striped strip with shades of pinks and greens in my scrap pile, I knew it would be perfect to go with the flower image.  I matted it on pink cardstock to match the mat beneath the sentiment/image panel, then positioned the striped strip across the middle of a green cardstock panel with a wide strip of lighter pink cardstock along the right side.  The sentiment panel was placed on top to finish the design.

Materials Used:
Best Buds and Kindness Sampler stamp sets, Best Buds Icons dies (Paper Smooches); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Lovely Lady, Hibiscus Burst, and Spring Moss cardstock (Papertrey Ink); designer paper (Memory Box); foam tape



2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card, Lori! So glad you could join me for Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Smooches Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips