Sunday, June 14, 2020

Thanks for Steering Me in the Right Direction

Here's my card for the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  This will be on it's way shortly to my dad for Father's Day--he doesn't check out my blog, so I think it's safe to share it a week in advance of the occasion!.

Thanks for Steering Me in the Right Direction card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Lawn Fawn
I used one of the layout's square panels to make a simple scene featuring the car image from the Lawn Fawn Car Critters stamp set.  The car and critters were colored with Copic markers, then cut out with my Scan 'n Cut machine because I forgot I bought the matching dies for the set...I used foam tape to place the image on a simple background with an aqua dotted sky at the top and a green grass base with an angled gray cardstock strip representing the open road.  The panel was matted on teal cardstock, then positioned on top of another aqua dotted panel at the top of a pale aqua card base.  I stamped the "thanks for steering me in the right direction" sentiment in black ink on a teal cardstock strip and placed the strip on the cardfront, overlapping the image panel.

Materials Used:
Car Critters stamp set (Lawn Fawn); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Aqua Mist, Spring Moss, and Smokey Shadow cardstock, Aqua Mist cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Ocean cardstock (Recollections); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. This card made me smile! I am loving the sweet image you've used! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips