Tuesday, June 2, 2020

You're the Coolest

You're the Coolest card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I used MFT's Penguins in Paradise stamp set for a fun summery scene.

The set's popsicle-holding penguin is my focal image. I stamped the image on the matching die cut, then colored the image with Copic markers.  My goal was to give the penguin a little bit of a sunburned look...I used foam tape to adhere the image to a "hill" made from a section of a large stitched circle die cut adhered to the bottom of an aqua dotted patterned paper panel.  To represent the layout's pair of round elements on the upper half of the panel, I die cut a sun and a cloud and placed them on the dotted panel. The set's "you're the coolest" sentiment was stamped on an aqua fishtail flag strip and positioned just beneath the feet of the penguin image.  The finished panel was adhered to a teal card base to match the penguin's shorts.

Materials Used:
Penguins in Paradise stamp set, Penguins in Paradise, Cute Cloud Outlines, Sunshine, and Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Tropical Teal, Summer Sunrise, and Aqua Mist cardstock, Aqua Mist patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); Certainly Celery cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Crystal Stardream metallic cardstock (The Paper Cut); stitched circle dies (Lil' Inker Designs); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips