Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Buzzing by to Say Hello

Buzzing by to Say Hello card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from SugarPea Designs
Here's my card for the current Paper Players challenge.  I used the sketch for a cheery hello card featuring stamps and dies from SugarPea Designs.

My focal image is the big bear from the Hey Honey stamp set.  Instead of stamping the image on white and coloring it, I stamped it on kraft cardstock and added just a bit of color to the nose and ears with Copic markers.  The bee was stamped on white cardstock and colored with markers, too.  The colored images were cut out with the matching dies, then adhered to a light blue panel using foam tape for dimension.  I stamped the set's "buzzing by to say hello" sentiment on a narrow yellow strip, placing the words in one continuous line instead of stacked on three lines.  The strip was added to the blue panel just beneath the bear using more foam tape.  To fill in the panel, I stamped a trio of tiny hearts nest to the bee in red ink, then matted the panel on yellow cardstock.  The image panel was adhered to a red cardstock panel with a diagonal strip of yellow striped patterned paper across it.  I thought I needed a bit more red to tie in the color from the hearts. The finished panel was adhered to a yellow card base to match the striped paper--and the striped bee!

Materials Used:
Hey Honey stamp set, Hey Honey dies (SugarPea Designs); Memento Tuxedo Black and Rhubarb Stalk inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Lemon Tart and Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Soft Sky cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Red Punch cardstock (Recollections); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. Adorable! Not sure which is cuter - the bear or the bee, but I love them! Thanks for sharing it with us this week at The Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this bear, I've seen him in blogland a few times and he always makes me smile! And of course, I LOVE BEES, so that's an extra bonus! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, your card just makes me smile! That little bear is adorable! Thank you so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips