Monday, July 27, 2020

Hope Your Birthday Is Out of This World

Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I created a space themed birthday design using images from MFT's Out of This World stamp set.

Hope Your Birthday Is Out of This World card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from My Favorite Things
I colored one of the set's rocket images and a ringed planet image using Copic markers, then cut out the colored images using my Scan 'n Cut machine.  The cutout images were adhered to a dark blue panel using foam tape for dimension.  To represent the layout's third element on the panel, I clustered a trio of self-adhesive clear crystal stars near the top of the panel, completing the scene.  The panel was matted on contrasting red cardstock and adhered to the lower right side of a light blue card base.  I combined two of the set's sentiments to get the "hope your birthday is out of this world" text.  The words were stamped on an extended red Slanted Sentiment Strips die cut.  I used more foam tape to position the strip at the bottom of the card.  I hated to put the strip over the rocket image, but I think I managed to not obscure it too much...

Materials Used:
Out of This World stamp set, Slanted Sentiment Strips dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Ocean and Red Punch cardstock, self-adhesive stars (Recollections); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips