Thursday, July 2, 2020

It's Your Big Day

It's Your Big Day card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Mama Elephant
Here's my card for the current challenge at The Paper Players.  I paired the sketch with a new stamp set from Mama Elephant called Hooray Wishes.

I colored the row of happy, celebratory people with Copic markers, keeping to a limited color palette for their clothes for a unified look. The colored image was cut out with my Scan 'n Cut machine.  I found a piece of patterned paper that picked up the colors I used on the image for the background.  After trimming the panel down and matting it with dark blue cardstock, I adhered it to an olive green cardstock panel.  A narrow strip of dark blue cardstock was adhered to the left side of the panel, then the image was added on top using foam tape for dimension.  There was just enough room left at the bottom of the green panel to stamp the set's "it's your big day" sentiment. The finished panel was adhered to a dark blue card base to match the strip that runs the length of the card.

Materials Used:
Hooray Wishes stamp set (Mama Elephant); Memento Tuxedo Black and Nautical Blue inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Not Quite Navy and Old Olive cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Loyal 6x6 paper pad (Authentique); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Lori, this is just adorable! I love the color combo and that sweet row of happy kiddos! So happy you joined my sketch challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your row of fun people against your bold, geometric background Lori - this would be great for a 'from all of us' type card too. Thanks for playing along over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips