Saturday, July 18, 2020

Let's Taco 'Bout Your Birthday

The theme for the current Lawn Fawnatics challenge is "fun with food."  I have a bunch of Lawn Fawn's food themed stamp sets, but I think the taco-themed Year Nine set might just be my favorite!

Let's Taco 'Bout Your Birthday card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Lawn Fawn
I used Copic markers to color up a taco and a festive party hat to use for the focal image on my card.  I cut the images out with my Scan 'n Cut machine and set them aside while I "dressed up" the rest of my card.  After cutting out a bunch of red circles with different sized circle punches, I arranged the circles randomly on a yellow card base, allowing some to extend off the edges of the cardfront.  I trimmed down the excess circles, then used foam tape to add the taco and party hat to the largest circle.  There was just enough empty space on the cardfront to stamp the "let's taco 'bout your birthday" sentiment to the left of the images.  A trio of red matte enamel dots around the focal image completed the simple design.

Materials Used:
Year Nine stamp set (Lawn Fawn); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Barely Banana cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Red Punch cardstock (Recollections); circle punches (EK Success); red matte enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Such a super fun and cool take on our "Fun with Food" challenge lORI !! love THOSE CIRCLES and how the tacos get the focal point! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! /Karin

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips