Saturday, July 4, 2020

Sending a Birthday Song Your Way

The theme for this month's My Favorite Things Birthday Project challenge is making a scene.  I made a show-stopping scene for my card using MFT's Friendship Rocks stamp set and In the Spotlight stencil for the challenge.

Sending a Birthday Song Your Way card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from My Favorite ThingsI colored up the singer image with Copic markers, then used my Scan 'n Cut machine to cut out the colored image. For the background, I used white pigment ink to stencil the spotlight on a purple panel.   The stars were added with star stencil and silver ink. To add some depth to the sides of the stage, I inked the edges of the panel with a dark purple distress ink.  The panel was matted on silver cardstock, then edged with pink strips at the top and bottom before I adhered it to a purple card base.  The image and stage were added to the panel using foam tape.  I stamped the set's "sending a birthday song your way" sentiment along the bottom of the card to finish the design.

Materials Used:
Friendship Rocks stamp set, In the Spotlight stencil (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Luxe Wedding Dress and Delicata Silvery Shimmer inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Wilted Violet distress ink (Ranger); markers (Copic); Lovely Lady and Amethyst Allure cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Silver cardstock (Recollections); Star Dust stencil (Memory Box); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips