Thursday, July 30, 2020

Snappy Birthday

Snappy Birthday card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from SugarPea Designs
Here's my card for this month's Mix It Up challenge at SugarPea Designs.  I paired the sketch with elements from the inspiration photo (color scheme and a texture-like pattern) to put together this birthday design using SPD's Later Gator stamp set.

I colored the gator and balloon images with Copic markers, then used my Scan 'n Cut machine to cut out the colored images.  They were adhered to a gray plaid circle with a green "grass" bottom using foam tape for dimension.  I matted the circle on contrasting orange circle, then adhered the panel to the right side of a pale gray card base, trimming off the right side of the circle so it was even with the edge of the card.  For the sentiment, I stamped the set's "snappy birthday" sentiment on an orange cardstock strip.  I combined words from different sentiments in the Everyday Sentiments set to get the "to you" that I stamped on a narrow strip of orange cardstock. The two lines of text were adhered to the cardfront, overlapping the left side of the image panel, using foam tape for dimension.

Materials Used:
Later Gator and Everyday Sentiments stamp sets (SugarPea Designs); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Grout Gray cardstock (My Favorite Things); Summer Sunrise and Green Parakeet cardstock, Soft Stone patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); circle dies (Spellbinders); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips