Thursday, August 27, 2020

Ever So Kind

Here's my card for the current challenge at The Paper Players.  I used the sketch with a mix of coordinating patterned papers to create a feminine thank you design.

Ever So Kind card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Lil' Inker Designs

To make matching the papers easier, I pulled all of my papers from the same patterned paper pad.  Most of the pieces were scraps--and I love to be able to use up random scraps!  I arranged them on a pale pink card base and used the same pale pink cardstock to make narrow strips to adhere to the cardfront to hide the seams between the different patterns. For the sentiment, I die cut the large "ever" from both gray cardstock and craft foam.  After layering the two die cut pieces for dimension, I adhered them to a pale pink panel, leaving room to stamp the "so kind" sentiment from the Lil' Inker Designs Ever stamp set at the bottom right in gray ink. The panel was matted on gray cardstock to match the text, then adhered to the cardfront.

Materials Used:
Ever stamp set, Ever Word die (Lil' Inker Designs); Memento Gray Flannel ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Pink Pirouette cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Weathervane cardstock (Papertrey Ink); The Sweetest Thing-Honey 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); craft foam

3 comments:

  1. I love this! Such pretty patterns (I think I might have some of this myself!) and I think the way you added the solid strips between the patterns really makes them stand out! Great sentiment too...and nice that you were able to use some scraps! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Players this week and playing with my sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow, Lori! What a great mix of patterns! I LOVE the sentiment ... Clean and Bold! The strips between the patterns really helps to set them off. Thank you for playing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific take on the sketch with the pretty soft pink papers and really lovely sentiment! Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips