Sunday, August 9, 2020

Floral Friend Hello

Here's my card for the current challenge at Global Design Project.  I used elements from the inspiration card, including a similar layout, watercolored elements, a floral image, and gold accents to create my design.

I don't watercolor frequently--not my medium of choice, but I stretched myself a bit for this. The large flower from Papertrey Ink's Friends 'Til the End stamp set is my watercolored focal image. The image was stamped in black and heat embossed, then colored with Clean Color markers and a water brush.  I did the same for the golden yellow leaf, then fussy cut both images.  I used foam tape to adhere them to the left side of a panel of watercolor paper brushed at the center with an irregular strip of pale pink watercolor wash.  Part of the flower was trimmed off to make the image even with the panel's edge.  I used a die from PTI's Turning a New Leaf set to cut a leafy branch out of gold foil cardstock. The leaf was tucked beneath the raised flower.  I stamped the set's "hello friend" sentiment to the right of the flower in black and heat embossed the text, too.  A trio of gold sequins were arranged around the image as a simple accent. The finished panel was adhered to a berry card base to coordinate with the bold floral focal point.

Materials Used:
Friends 'Til the End stamp set, Berry Sorbet cardstock, Turning a New Leaf dies (Papertrey Ink); Memento Luxe Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Spun Sugar and Worn Lipstick distress inks (Ranger); Clean Color markers (Zig); Black embossing powder (Stampin' Up!); Gold Foil cardstock (Recollections); gold sequins; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips