Saturday, August 8, 2020

Happy Bird-Day


Happy Bird-Day card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Paper SmoochesHere's my card for the current birthday themed challenge at Paper Smooches.  With Paper Smooches closing soon, I went back into my collection and dug out one of my first (maybe even my first!) PS sets for the challenge, Birthday Buddies.  This set of birthday themed images and sentiments was perfect for the challenge.

My layout comes from the current challenge at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.  I stamped the set's bird image and colored it with Copic markers.  After die cutting the colored image, I used foam tape to adhere the image to a light blue tag die cut.  To fill in the tag, I added a pair of balloons from the Hullabaloo stamp set.  There was just enough room at the bottom of the tag to stamp the set's "happy bird-day" sentiment at the bottom of the tag.  I positioned the tag over a wide orange fishtail flag strip placed across a multicolored striped patterned paper panel.  The panel was matted on yellow cardstock, then placed on a light blue card base that matches the color of the die cut tag.

Materials Used:
Birthday Buddies and Hullabaloo stamp sets, Buddies Icons and Gift Tags dies (Paper Smooches); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Bashful Blue, Barely Banana, and Pumpkin Pie cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Baby Boy-Wild About You designer paper (Bella Blvd.); Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); foam tape



5 comments:

  1. What a fun image and matching sentiment! Love the way you've used the sketch. Thanks for joining TSOT this time! Marjolein - DT TSOT

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that zany bird, Lori - your colors are so fun and inviting! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun and sweet card! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Smooches Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun and sweet card! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Smooches Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I love the happy colors and the fun bird. Thank you very much for playing along the Paper Smooches Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips