Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Just Bee-Cause

Just Bee-Cause card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite ThingsHere's my card for the current challenge at CAS(e) this Sketch.  It's also my entry for the My Favorite Things Summer School "lesson" on visual triangles.

My visual triangle is the arrangement of the trio of bees from the Meant to Bee stamp set.  The bees and beehive were stamped on white cardstock and colored with Copic markers, then cut out with the matching dies.  It's hard to see in the photo, but I gave the bees' wings a light coating of clear glitter from a glitter brush pen.I made a background for the images from some dotted aqua patterned paper and a piece of green cardstock punched along the top with a grass border punch.  A contrasting yellow strip stamped with the set's "just bee-cause" sentiment serve as the transition between the two pieces.  I matted the background on teal cardstock before positioning it on an aqua card base.  The images were arranged on the panel using foam tape for dimension.  The beehive was placed on the right side of the panel and the bees were arranged around it in a triangular arrangement to finish the design.

Materials Used:
Meant to Bee stamp set, Meant to Bee dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Spring Moss cardstock, Aqua Mist patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); Ocean cardstock (Recollections); Barely Banana cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Grass border punch (Fiskars); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips