Monday, August 3, 2020

Relax and Enjoy the Day

Relax and Enjoy the Day card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for the 500th, yes 500th!, My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I believe that I've played along with every single one, starting way back when the challenges were hosted on the Splitcoast Stampers forum...

I went with a summery take on the sketch featuring the Pure Innocence Hey, Sunshine gal as my focal image. The girlie was colored with Copic markers then cut out with my Scan 'n Cut machine.  I used foam tape to adhere her to a blue pierced circle die cut pool of "water."  The circle was positioned at the bottom of a light blue cardstock panel.  I placed the light blue panel on a darker blue card base that matches the color of the panel beneath the image.  The set's "relax and enjoy the day" sentiment was stamped in black ink on a pink fishtail flag strip.  I used more foam tape to position the strip at the bottom of the cardfront, overlapping the image.  For contrast, I cut a slightly longer contrasting yellow fishtail flag strip and tucked it beneath the pink strip.

Materials Used:
Hey, Sunshine stamp set, Pierced Circle STAX, Essential Fishtail Flag Sentiments dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Ocean cardstock (Recollections); Hibiscus Burst cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Yoyo Yellow cardstock (Stampin' Up!); foam tape

You Color My World card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I also took part in the current MFT Summer School session. This is my first card for the session using the rainbow.

I started out by die cutting the elements for a paint brush using MFT's Paint Brush die.  Once the die cut pieces were assembled to form a brush, I adhered a rainbow array of narrow cardstock strips beneath the brush's bristles.  The brush and stripes were positioned on the right side of a white cardstock panel.  I had plenty of room on the left side for the sentiment. I die cut the cursive word "color" from black cardstock using one of the dies from the Color the Rainbow die set.  The die cut word was adhered to the lower left side of the panel. I stamped the "you" and "my world" sentiment from the Rainbow of Happiness stamp set above and below the die cut word to complete the phrase. The finished panel was adhered to a purple card base.  I don't usually use purple as a card base, but I like how it looks here! 

Materials Used:
Rainbow of Happiness stamp set, Paint Brushes and Color the Rainbow dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Yoyo Yellow, Green Galore, Lovely Lilac, Only Orange and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Red Punch, Ocean, and Gold Foil cardstock (Recollections); Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips