Monday, August 24, 2020

To My Favorite Bookworm

Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I took a few liberties with the sketch, but I think you can still see the bones of the layout there!

To My Favorite Bookworm card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things

My focal image is the reader from the Our Story stamp set. I colored up the girl and the overhead light fixture with Copic markers, the used the matching dies to cut out the colored images.  I used the layout's large panel to arrange a simple scene with some floral patterned paper serving as "wallpaper" and a coordinating strip of pale gray cardstock as the floor.  The reader in the chair image was added to the background using foam tape.  After matting the scene on red cardstock, I adhered it to the bottom of a pale yellow card base.  The light fixture was added to the upper right side of the cardfront, slightly overlapping the top edge of the large panel. The set's "to my favorite bookworm" image was stamped on a yellow fishtail flag strip and positioned beneath the focal image to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Our Story stamp set, Grout Gray cardstock, Our Story and Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Poppy Parade and Barely Banana cardstock (Stampin' Up!); A Mother's Love 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips