Thursday, September 17, 2020

You Are on Fire

You Are on Fire card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Reverse Confetti

Here's my card for the current challenge at CAS(e) this Sketch.  The layout's vertical sentiment was a perfect match for Reverse Confetti's OMG stamp set!  I designed my card around the star patterned paper panel I found in my scrap pile. To coordinate, I stamped the "omg" on red cardstock and cut the letters out with the matching die.  After arranging coordinating blocks and strips of coordinating cardstock on the bottom half of the patterned panel, I arranged the letters vertically on the left side of the panel using foam tape for dimension.  The narrow blue strip is a closer match to the patterned paper IRL than it looks in the photo... I stamped the set's "you are on fire" sentiment on the lighter blue strip to finish the design. The sentiment always reminds me of my days as a kindergarten teacher when I'd tell my students they were "on fire" when I noticed that they were working hard or successful at a challenging task.  They loved to be recognized like that!

Materials Used:
OMG stamp set, OMG and Tag Me dies (Reverse Confetti); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Fired Brick distress oxide (Ranger); Poppy Parade, Soft Sky, and Bayou Blue cardstock (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (My Mind's Eye); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips