Friday, September 18, 2020

Thanks for Being My Teacher

Here's my card for the current Lawn Fawnatics "back to school" themed challenge. I mixed and matched components from several Lawn Fawn sets for my simple teacher thank you design.

Thanks for Being My Teacher card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Lawn Fawn

I built a simple scene on a half circle cut from aqua dotted patterned paper and adhered to the top of a pale green cardfront.  The scene features the bus and school house images from the Village Heroes set.  I colored the images with Copic markers and used my Scan 'n Cut machine to cut out the colored images.  After placing a narrow strip of gray cardstock at the bottom of the circle as a road and a strip of grass created with a border punch just above the road to ground the images, I used foam tape to set them on to the scene. To fill it in I added a sun and cloud at the top.  For the sentiment, I stamped the "thanks from the Village Heroes set and the "for being my teacher" sentiment from the So Owlsome set beneath the scene to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Village Heroes, All the Clouds, and So Owlsome stamp sets, All the Clouds dies (Lawn Fawn); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Spring Moss cardstock, Aqua Mist patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); Steel Grey cardstock (My Favorite Things); Crystal Stardream metallic cardstock (The Paper Cut); circle die (Spellbinders); Grass border punch (Fiskars); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. GREAT and CAS design Lori!! Love the halfmoon window!
    Thank you so much for playing along with our back to school/teacher appreciation challenge at the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! /Karin

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips