Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Happy Brrrthday

Happy Brrrthday card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from My Favorite Things

Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge. The long vertical panel on this week's layout was perfect for showing off the skating bear from the new Warm Hugs and Frosty Kisses stamp set.  I colored him up with Copic markers before cutting out the colored image with my Scan 'n Cut machine.  I made a background for the bear from a pale blue cardstock panel with a strip of vellum at the bottom to serve as "ice."  The image was added on top using foam tape for dimension.  I didn't want to stamp the sentiment directly on the vellum, so instead I stamped the "happy brrrthday" from the Ready, Set, Snow set on a narrow strip of red cardstock and placed it at the bottom of the panel. The image panel was matted on red cardstock to match the sentiment strip, then placed on a blue cardfront over coordinating strips of patterned paper rescued from my scrap pile. I love when I'm able to find a good home for my scraps!

Materials Used:
Warm Hugs and Frosty Kisses and Ready, Set, Snow stamp sets, Sno Cone cardstock, white vellum (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Baja Breeze cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Red Punch cardstock (Recollections); Winter Fun 6x6 paper pad (Carta Bella); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips