Saturday, October 24, 2020

Hello Sweet Friend

Hello Sweet Friend card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from WPlus9
Here's my card for the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches. I used the layout to create a monochromatic friendship themed design with stamps and dies from WPlus9.

I cut a bunch of small strips of cardstock from varying shades of blue and blue green cardstock for the focal panel. The strip were lined up on a scrap of white cardstock before I ran them through my die cutting machine with the "hello" die in place.  Once the word was cut out, I layered the stripes on to a teal mat. The "hello" was filled in with die cut pieces cut from the same teal as I used for the mat. I adhered the matted piece to an aqua panel, leaving room at the bottom of the panel to stamp the "sweet friend" from WPlus9's Hand Lettered Hello set in teal ink. The panel was adhered to a card base that matches the lightest shade of blue represented in the array of cardstock strips.  A trio of teal enamel dots arranged around the inlaid die cut completed the design.

Materials Used:
Hand Lettered Hello stamp set, Hand Lettered Hello die (WPlus9); Tropical Teal ink (My Favorite Things); Ocean cardstock (Recollections); Hawaiian Shores cardstock (Papertrey Ink); teal enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet)

1 comment:

  1. This is such a beautiful combination of colors - such a fresh look for a "hello". Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips