Friday, October 23, 2020

Wishing You a Spooky Halloween

Wishing You a Spooky Halloween card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Lawn Fawn

Here's my card for the current Fusion challenge.  I paired the sketch with elements from the inspiration photo (color scheme and implied Halloween theme) to create this simple Halloween card featuring stamps and dies from Lawn Fawn.

My focal image is the cat from the Critters in Costume stamp set.  The hat-clad cat was colored with Copic markers, then cut out with the matching die.  For the background, I found three different shades of purple cardstock in my collection.  I arranged the cardstock in a color gradient on a black card base, then added the cat image on top using foam tape for dimension.  The set's "wishing you a spooky Halloween" sentiment was stamped in white pigment ink along the slanted edge of the lightest purple cardstock strip.  I heat embossed the stamped text so that it really popped against the black background.  To bring in the night sky element of the inspiration photo, I added a trio of silver sequin "stars" above the cat image, adding a final touch of sparkle to the design.

Materials Used:
Critters in Costume stamp set, Critters in Costume dies (Lawn Fawn); Memento Tuxedo Black and Memento Luxe Wedding Dress inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Winter Wisteria cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Grape Soda and Royal Purple cardstock (Reverse Confetti); Snow embossing powder (Recollections); silver sequins; foam tape

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips