Monday, October 12, 2020

Hip Hip Hooray

Hip Hip Hooray card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things

Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I combined a pair of MFT's bear themed birthday sets for this sweet birthday design.

The bear I used as the focal image is from the Birthday Bears set.  I colored the bear image and the balloon trio from the Beary Special Birthday set with Copic markers then cut them out with the matching dies.  They were adhered to a festive dotted patterned paper panel using foam tape for dimension.  I adhered the patterned paper panel to the left side of a coordinating pink card base.  For the sentiment, I stamped "hip hip hooray" and "it's your birthday" from the Bitty Birthday Wishes stamp set on narrow strips of yellow cardstock. The strips were adhered to the cardfront using more foam tape for dimension.  I thought about adding a third line of text to completely match the sketch, but in the end, stuck with just two because I liked the rhyme I created with this pair of lines.

Material Used:
Birthday Bears, Beary Special Birthday, and Bitty Birthday Wishes stamp set, Birthday Bears and Beary Special Birthday dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black and Versafine Clair Nocturne ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Lovely Lady and Daffodil Delight cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Birthday Wishes 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips