Monday, October 26, 2020

Make a Wish

Make a Wish card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Thingsa
Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  This one has grown on me a bit--when I first finished the card, I really wasn't happy with it, but the more I look at it, the more I like it.

I created a background panel from a mix of two distress oxides, one purple and one blue, applied to a panel of watercolor paper.  Once I finished inking the panel, I used a wet paintbrush to flick water droplets randomly on the panel for a star-like look.  The panel was edged with narrow strips of dark purple, then adhered to an aqua card base.  I used two dies from MFT's Pierced Star STAX die set to cut five stars from gold foil cardstock.  The stars were arranged on the panel, using foam tape to adhere the smaller ones to add some dimension and interest. The "make a wish" sentiment from the Starry Night Sentiments set was stamped on the panel so that it was nested between the gold stars.  A trio of small gold sequins arranged in a triangle among the stars completed the design. This one will be off to the post office soon, making its way to a friend who loves purple and is celebrating a birthday later this week.

Materials Used:
Starry Night Sentiments stamp set, Pierced Star STAX dies (My Favorite Things); VersaFine Clair Nocturne ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Faded Jeans and Wilted Violet distress oxides (Ranger); Hawaiian Shores and Royal Velvet cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Gold Foil cardstock (Recollections); gold sequins; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips