Saturday, October 10, 2020

Pick of the Patch

Here's my card for this month's Thanksgiving/friendship themed Stock Your Stash challenge at Reverse Confetti. I paired stamps from RC's Pick of the Patch set with the current sketch at Try Stampin' on Tuesday for this sweet fall inspired design. 

Pick of the Patch card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Reverse Confettia
My focal image is the set's pumpkin toting bear.  I colored up the image with Copic markers before cutting the image out by hand--I was too lazy to pull out my Scan 'n Cut machine to do the cutting work for me... I used foam tape to adhere the image to a white panel with a green stitched "hill" at the bottom to ground it. The panel was matted on teal cardstock, then adhered to an orange stitched banner die cut.  I adhered the banner to a kraft card base over a strip of vibrant floral patterned paper and a teal mat. The set's "you're the pick of the patch" sentiment was stamped beneath the bottom of the banner to finish the design.

Materials Used:
Pick of the Patch stamp set (Reverse Confetti); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic);Taken with Teal, Pumpkin Pie, and Old Olive cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Flea Market 6x6 paper pad (Doodlebug Design); Stitched Jumbo Fishtail Banner STAX dies (My Favorite Things); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, Lori, what a completely adorable little pumpkin bear - I want to squeeze him! ove your pretty paper, and lovely CAS layout! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute, Lori. I'd sure love to have you stop by and play along with us also at Word Art Wednesday. You can find my challenges here:
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
    I'd really enjoy having you share your wonderful creativity with us.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com - my personal blog

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips