Friday, October 9, 2020

Sorry It's Pasture Birthday

Here's my card for the current Fusion challenge.  I paired the sketch with elements from the inspiration photo, including the farm animal theme and woodgrain elements, for this belated birthday card.

Sorry It's Pasture Birthday card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Lawn Fawn

My farm animals are from Lawn Fawn's Hay There stamp set. I colored up the pig and cow images with Copic markers then cut them out with the coordinating dies. To fill in the scene, I stamped, colored, and cut out the set's barn and a sun and cloud from the All the Cloud stamp set, too.  In a nod to the wood panels in the inspiration photo, I used a fine tip pen to draw lines on the barn to mimic that look.  I usually color the barn image red, but I went with a muted brown to bring in more of the elements from the photo. The elements were arranged on a stitched green hill with a polka dotted sky using foam tape for dimension.  I left enough room at the bottom of the green panel to stamp the "sorry it's pasture birthday" sentiment in black ink.  I matted the panel on kraft cardstock before positioning it on a woodgrain patterned paper panel on a green card base.  A pair of coordinating fishtail flag strips layered on to the top of the cardfront overlapping the image panel completed the design.

Materials Used:
Hay There and All the Clouds stamp sets, Hay There and All the Clouds dies (Lawn Fawn); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); New Leaf, Aqua Mist, and Kraft cardstock, Aqua Mist patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); Necessities-Wood 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye)Landscape Trio dies (Mama Elephant); Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. this turned out so cute! thanks for playing over at The fusion Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, Great card, love the fusion and such a cute scene you have created. Thanks for joining us at The Fusion Card Challenge. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips