Sunday, November 22, 2020

Friends Make the Coldest Days Warmer

Friends Make the Coldest Days Warmer card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I went with a friendship themed design featuring a seasonal snowman image.  

I stamped one of the snowmen from the Frosty Friends stamp set on shimmery white cardstock and added a little color with my Copic markers before cutting out the colored image by hand.  I made a snowy hill for the image to sit on with a die from the Hit the Slopes die set and a lighter weight shimmery white cardstock.  The snowman and hill were adhered to an aqua card base over a lighter aqua dotted patterned paper panel.  I stamped the set's "friends make the coldest days warmer" sentiment to the left of the snowman image in silver ink then heat embossed the text in silver.  A contrasting long, narrow red fishtail flag die cut was adhered to the left side of the card.  I arranged a trio of aqua sequins around the snowman to complete the wintery feeling design.

Materials Used:
Frosty Friends stamp set, Hit the Slopes and Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Hawaiian Shores cardstock, Aqua Mist patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Red Punch cardstock (Recollections); Crystal Stardream metallic cardstock (The Paper Cut); aqua sequins; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips