Saturday, November 21, 2020

Peace Joy Love (and Cookies!)

Peace Joy Love (and Cookies!) card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Lawn Fawn
Here's my card for the current challenge at Freshly Made Sketches.  I added a layer, so it's a somewhat loose interpretation of the layout, but I'll explain my thinking on this...

I represented the layout's trio of elements with three cookie images from Lawn Fawn's How You Bean? Christmas Cookie Add-on stamp set. The images were stamped on white cardstock and colored with Copic markers before I cut them out by hand because I was too lazy to set up my Scan 'n Cut machine.  Originally I arranged the cookies directly on the red cardstock panel using foam tape for dimension, but they looked kind of lost.  So, what should cookies sit on top of? A cookie sheet!  That's what the silver panel represents.  I placed the cookies in the same positions on the silver "cookie sheet," then adhered the piece to the panel. The set's "peace joy love (and cookies!)" sentiment was stamped directly beneath the images in black ink.  After matting the panel on silver cardstock, I adhered it on a matching red card base for a festive feel.

Materials Used:
How You Bean? Christmas Cookie Add-on stamp set (Lawn Fawn); Delicata Golden Glitz and Silver Shimmer, Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Red Punch and Silver cardstock (Recollections); Pierced Rectangle STAX dies (My Favorite Things); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. This is just wonderful! I love the scene you have created using this weeks sketch - I love it! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips