Friday, November 13, 2020

Hoppy Holidays

Hoppy Holidays card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Lawn Fawn

The theme for the current Lawn Fawnatics challenge is "O Christmas Tree."  I don't have a lot of sets with Christmas trees in them, so I used the tree from Lawn Fawn's Snow Bunnies set as my Christmas tree on this sweet design. The tree and bunnies were colored up with Copic markers and cut out with my Scan 'n Cut machine.  It's hard to see in the photo, but I added a little texture to the images by coating the bunny bellies and tails with some white flock.

I went with a non-traditional pale pink background, stenciling clouds at the top of the panel and adding a shimmery white stitched snowbank at the bottom before placing the bunnies and tree on top using foam tape.  Instead of ornaments, my bunnies are filling the tree with some carrots!  I stamped the set's "hoppy holidays to some bunny special" sentiment on a rose fishtail flag strip and placed the strip at the top of the panel on the opposite side from the cluster of images.  A trio of silver sequin snowflakes arranged around the images filled out the scene. The finished panel was adhered to a rose card base to match the sentiment strip.

Materials Used:
Snow Bunnies stamp set (Lawn Fawn); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Worn Lipstick distress oxides (Ranger); Pink Pirouette and Regal Rose cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Crystal Stardream metallic cardstock (The Paper Cut); Landscape Trio dies (Mama Elephant); Fishtail Flag STAX dies, Cloud stencil (My Favorite Things); white flock (Stampendous); silver sequins; foam tape

3 comments:

  1. Your card is so sweet, Lori! I adore those bunnies decorating their tree and the pink clouds! Thanks so much for participating in this O Christmas Tree Lawn Fawnatics Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just adorable ... the colours are so pretty

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips