Saturday, November 14, 2020

HB2U My Sweet Friend

Here's my card for the current challenge at Global Design Project.  I used the layout for a sweet birthday card featuring stamps and dies from My Favorite Things.

HB2U My Sweet Friend card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I used the "HB2U" die from the Tag Talk set to make the panel for the left side of my card. After filling in the negative space with contrasting red cardstock and knotting a piece of matching red seam binding through the tag's hole, I used foam tape to place it on the pale pink card base over the cherry patterned paper.  The patterned panel was edged with the same red cardstock that I used to back the tag, which helps to tie the elements together.  I used the Cupcakes and Sprinkles die set to create a yummy cupcake, complete with a cherry on top.  The cupcake was placed on the card with the bottom of the gold foil cupcake liner tucked beneath the raised tag.  I mixed and matched words from the More Essential Sentiments stamp set to stamp the "my sweet friend" sentiment on a narrow cream strip. The strip was adhered beneath the tag to complete the design.  The sweet themed sentiment was a perfect match for the set's cupcake theme.

Materials Used:
More Essential Sentiments stamp set, Tag Talk and Cupcakes and Sprinkles dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Love Letter ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Lovely Lady and Sweet Blush cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Red Punch and Gold Foil cardstock (Recollections); designer paper (Doodlebug Design); red seam binding (Martha Stewart); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips