Tuesday, November 3, 2020

The Holidays Aren't the Same Without You

The Holidays Aren't the Same Without You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things

Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I made a holiday themed design using the snowman filled car from MFT's Cool Christmas stamp set.

The full car was colored up with Copic markers, then cut out with my Scan 'n Cut machine.  I used a light blue panel to make a background for the car.  After edging the bottom of the panel with a narrow gray strip to serve as a road, I arranged the panel on a slant at the bottom of a darker blue card base.  For contrast, I stamped the set's "the holidays aren't the same without you" sentiment on a red slanted sentiment strip die cut. The strip was placed on the light blue panel above the car, extending out from the opposite direction.  I thought about adding some sequins around the car as snowflakes, but in the end, left the design super clean and simple.  

Materials Used:
Cool Christmas stamp set, Slanted Sentiment Strips dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, and Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Smokey Shadow cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Crystal Stardream metallic cardstock (The Paper Cut); foam tape

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips