Monday, November 2, 2020

Apples for Teacher

Teacher card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-dies from SugarPea Designs

Here's my stamp-free design for the current challenge at CAS Colours and Sketches.  I represented the layout's nine small images with layered die cuts arranged on a kraft panel.  I used the apple from the Teacher die set from SugarPea Designs to cut the small apples from red cardstock.  Initially I had the apples arranged right on the kraft cardfront.  They're pretty small, so they looked kind of lost.  I re-thought that and backed each apple with a small yellow circle. The contrasting circle highlights the sweet little heart detail at the center of the apple die cut.  For the sentiment, I die cut the word "teacher" three times from black cardstock and layered the pieces for dimension.  Once the apples were in place, I added the word "teacher" on top to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Teacher dies (SugarPea Designs); Red Punch cardstock (Recollections); Barely Banana and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); circle punch (EK Success)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips