Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Embroidered Blooms Inspiration

 

For today's card, I'm playing along with the Year in Review Inspiration challenge at Altenew.  I was inspired by January's image and color scheme.  I used the Embroidered Blooms stamp set and several different Altenew Crisp inks to create my simple floral thank you design.

Embroidered Blooms Thanks card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Altenew
I used the colors from the inspiration photo as the dominant ones in my floral images.  The flower and leaves were stamped randomly on a white cardstock panel.  The flower centers were a cheery yellow that coordinated nicely with the purple, green, and orange from the inspiration photo.  To bring in the branch element from the inspiration photo, I used the set's cherry blossom branch image to fill in the spaces between the flowers, stamping it in green and adding purple blossoms that are bolder than they would be in real life.  For the sentiment, I used the "thanks" die from the Signature Words die set.  I cut the word several times from gold foil cardstock and layered the die cut words for dimension before adhering them to a green panel. After edging the bottom of the panel with a narrow strip of gold foil cardstock, I adhered it to the right side of the stamped panel. The finished panel was adhered to a coordinating purple card base.

Materials Used:
Embroidered Blooms stamp set, Moss, Razzleberry, Maple Yellow, Sunkissed, and Autumn Blaze inks, Signature Words dies (Altenew); Rich Razzleberry and Garden Green cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Gold Foil cardstock (Recollections)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips