Thursday, December 31, 2020

Let's Get Started--All About Layering I

Sunlit Flowers Thank You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Altenew
To stretch myself creatively, I've joined Altenew's Educator Certification Program.  My day job is in education and I taught kindergarten for years, so combining stamping and teaching seems like a good match to me! 

I started off by taking the All About Layering 1 course and practicing the skills from the course with some of Altenew's beautiful and detailed layered floral stamp sets.  The class gave so many helpful tips for how to work with the multilayered stamp sets and made it easy to use them successfully.  This card uses the Sunlit Flowers stamp set with Altenew's Crisp inks.  Here I tried out stamping the images all in one color family instead of using black for the image outline.  The darkest shade of coral-y red, Velvet, was the one I used for the image outlines.  The layers were filled in with lighter shades and a contrasting golden yellow for the centers of the flowers.  So pretty!  The leaves were stamped in Olive ink on a moss green cardstock.  All of the images were cut out by hand then placed on a white panel over a simple inked coral background and a nest of gold thread.  I used foam tape to give the flowers dimension and tucked the leaves beneath the raised flowers.  The set's "thank you" sentiment was stamped in Velvet ink on a piece of coral cardstock.  After trimming down the sentiment, I used more foam tape to place it on the panel.  I adhered the finished panel to a mossy green card base.

Materials Used:
Sunlit Flowers stamp set, Rouge, Crimson, Velvet, Honey Drizzle, and Moss Crisp inks (Altenew); Abandoned Coral distress ink (Ranger); Cameo Coral and Mellow Moss cardstock (Stampin' Up); gold thread (Recollections); foam tape

Thanks a Whole Bunch card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Altenew
This clean and simple card uses an assortment of images from the Bold Bunch stamp set.  I stamped up the multilayered images, again using tips from the All About Layering 1 course and the guide sheet that came with the stamp set to line up the images.  Here, I used tone on tone stamping, building a darker shade on top of a lighter one for interest.  After cutting out my assortment of stamped flowers and leaves, I played around with the arrangement until I came up with one I liked.  I used foam tape on the flowers for dimension and tucked the leaves and branches beneath.  The set's "thanks a whole bunch" sentiment was stamped in the upper left corner of the panel in black ink.  I sprinkled a few pink sequins around the floral spray for a little sparkle and shine.  I placed the panel on a coordinating cheery yellow card base to finish the design.  I'm still practicing, so more layered stamping designs from the All About Layering II class are coming soon...

Materials Used:
Bold Bunch stamp set, Citrus Burst, Honey Drizzle, Dew Drop, Aqualicious, Blush, Pinkalicious, Parrot, Moss, and Permanent Black inks, Bold Bunch dies (Altenew); foam tape


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your first post for AECP! Beautiful cards, Lori. Love the two different looks you shared for this course!
    Thank you for submitting your beautiful work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips