Monday, December 14, 2020

I Whale Always Love You

Here's my card for the current Paper Craft Crew challenge. I used the layout for a punny love themed design featuring Avery Elle's Whale Hello stamp set.

I Whale Always Love You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Avery Elle
I stamped the set's whale image and colored it with Copic markers, then used the matching die to cut out the colored image.  The image was adhered to a sky/water background panel in two shades of blue using foam tape for dimension.  I matted the panel with contrasting red cardstock before adhering it to a light blue cardstock panel stenciled with a dotted pattern.  For the sentiment, I used two different sized circle punches to create a wave-like edge on a strip of blue cardstock matching the water section of the background panel.  The set's "I whale always love you" sentiment was stamped on the strip in black ink. After edging it with a narrow strip of red cardstock to match the mat beneath the image panel, I used foam tape to adhere the sentiment to the panel. The finished panel was adhered to a blue card base that matches the sentiment strip.

Materials Used:
Whale Hello stamp set, Whale Hello dies (Avery Elle); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Broken China distress oxide (Ranger); markers (Copic); Soft Sky and Blue Bayou cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Red Punch cardstock (Recollections); circle punches (EK Success); Bokeh stencil (Taylored Expressions); foam tape


3 comments:

  1. Super cute card, Lori! The punny sentiment is adorable. Thanks for joining the Paper Craft Crew this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card - I love that the phrase was die-cut to look like another wave. Very clever! Thanks for joining our Paper Craft Crew challenge.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips