Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Long Time, No See

Long Time, No See card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  It's kind of a loose interpretation of the sketch, but I think you can see the layout there!

I represented the layout's triangular element with the tall giraffe image from the Giraffing Me Crazy stamp set. The narrow head/neck and the wider body seemed to be a somewhat triangle-like shape, so I went with it!  The giraffe was colored with Copic markers then cut out with the matching die.  I used foam tape to position the image on a light blue card base with a Factory Green panel, edged with a grass border punch, on the bottom. To ground the image, I used one of the shapes from the Grounding Elements die set, cut from kraft cardstock.  I filled in the scene with a trio of shimmery white flat-bottom cloud die cuts and a simple yellow pinking circle die cut sun. The set's "long time, no see" sentiment was stamped on a Factory Green fishtail flag sentiment strip and positioned over the giraffe image using more foam tape.  I can think of a lot of people I could send this one to right now...

Materials Used:
Giraffing Me Crazy stamp set, Sno Cone and Factory Green cardstock, Giraffing Me Crazy, Flat-Bottom Clouds, Grounding Elements, and Essential Fishtail Flag Sentiment Strips dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Harvest Gold and Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Crystal Stardream metallic cardstock (The Paper Cut); Grass border punch (Fiskars); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips