Sunday, December 6, 2020

Sending Love and Hugs

Sending Love and Hugs card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Altenew
Here's my card for the current challenge at Freshly Made Sketches.  I've been practicing using the beautiful multistep layering stamps from Altenew, so I decided to put some of my practice images to use on this pretty, feminine design.

My flowers are from the Watercolor Blooms set.  I stamped the trio of flowers in a mix of pink and purple inks, then cut them out with the matching dies. The leaves were stamped with two different green inks and also die cut.   After settling on an arrangement that I liked, I used foam tape to position the flowers over a pile of looped silver thread.  The leaves and budding flowers were tucked underneath the raised florals.  I matted the panel on purple cardstock, then added it to a soft lavender card base over a pink pierced square panel. The "sending love and hugs" sentiment from the Best Sentiments set was stamped with Purple Wine ink on pale pink cardstock. I trimmed the label-style text before adding the stamped words to the lower left side of the design.

Materials Used:
Watercolor Blooms and Best Sentiments stamp sets, Olive, Moss, Puffy Heart, and Purple Wine inks, Watercolor Blooms dies (Altenew); Sweet Blush and Lavender Moon cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Very Violet cardstock, silver thread (Recollections); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. This pretty, feminine card is a breath of fresh air amongst the many Christmas cards during this time of year! Always a treat to see you in the gallery at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how pretty this is! I love the colors and that silver thread is a great touch. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips