Saturday, December 12, 2020

The Marshmallows to My Cocoa

The Marshmallows to My Cocoa card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Hello Bluebird
Here's my card for the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  I kept this one super clean and simple, using a sweet image from Hello Bluebird's Cocoa Party for the focal image on the tag at the center of the layout.

The sweater-clad bear image was colored with Copic markers, then cut out with my Scan 'n Cut machine. I used foam tape to adhere the image to a kraft stitched tag die cut.  The set's "you're the marshmallows to my cocoa" sentiment was stamped beneath the raised image, taking advantage of the clear stamp to rearrange the lines of text to fit the space I had on the tag.  I topped the tag with a brown seam binding bow that I made with my Bow Easy, then adhered it to the center of a festive red plaid patterned paper panel.  The panel was matted on dark brown cardstock then adhered to a red card base that coordinates with the plaid panel.

Materials Used:
Cocoa Party stamp set (Hello Bluebird); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Riding Hood Red and Chocolate Chip cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Christmas Plaids 6x6 paper pad (Recollections); Anytime Tags dies (Lil' Inker Designs); seam binding (Martha Stewart); Bow Easy; foam tape

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips