Friday, December 11, 2020

Slimline Thanks

Thanks So Very Much card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Altenew
Here's my card for the current challenge at Global Design Project.  I don't make many slimline cards, so this one is a little out of my wheelhouse!

To start my design, I placed a pair of die cut layered oval panels at the left side of an orchid cardstock panel.  The "thanks" sentiment was cut with Altenew's Signature Word die set.  For dimension, I cut the word twice and layered the pieces before adhering them to the white oval.  I framed the oval with some pretty blossoms from the Bold Bunch stamp set. The blooms and leaves were stamped in shades of pink, purple, and green, then cut out with the matching dies.  I arranged the flowers beneath the edges of the pink oval, trying a few variations until I settled on one I liked.  Once the flowers were in place, I stamped the "so very much" from the Leaf Canopy set on a narrow pink strip and positioned the strip beneath the die cut "thanks" to finish the sentiment. For some texture, I accented each of the flowers with a matte pink enamel dot.  The finished panel was adhered to a contrasting dark purple slimline card base.

Materials Used:
Bold Bunch and Leaf Canopy stamp sets, Rose Petal and Tropical Forest inks, Bold Bunch and Signature Word dies (Altenew); Orchid Opulence cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Sweet Blush cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Very Violet cardstock (Recollections); oval dies (Spellbinders); pink matte enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips