Monday, December 28, 2020

You're a Deer Friend

You're a Deer Friend card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things

Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I made a wintery scene using the Deer Friends stamp set.

I created the background by stenciling a silvery snowflake pattern on a dark blue cardstock panel.  The snowbanks were created from shimmery white cardstock die cut with MFT's Hit the Slopes dies and layered at the bottom of the stenciled panel.  I used the two different tree images from the stamp set to represent the layout's triangular elements.  To fill in the scene, I stamped one of the set's deer images and colored the image with Copic markers before cutting out the image with the matching die.  I stamped the set's "you're a deer friend" sentiment on a narrow olive green fishtail flag strip and placed the strip at the top right side of the panel to finish the visual triangle of elements.  The panel was layered on to an olive card base to match the sentiment panel and the leaves on one of the trees.

Materials Used:
Deer Friends stamp set, Hit the Slopes and Fishtail Flag STAX dies, Snowfall stencil (My Favorite Things); Delicata Silvery Shimmery, Memento Tuxedo Black, Rich Cocoa, and Rhubarb Stalk inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Old Olive and Not Quite Navy cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Crystal Stardream metallic cardstock (The Paper Cut); foam tape

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips