Saturday, January 16, 2021

Celebrate

Celebrate card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things

Here's my card for the current challenge at Global Design Project.  I used stamps and dies from My Favorite Things for a simple birthday card design.

I die cut the bold "celebrate" sentiment from blue cardstock, leaving a band of cardstock at the bottom.  The "it's your birthday" sentiment from the Bitty Birthday Wishes sentiment set was stamped on the bottom of the die cut in silver pigment ink.  I covered the text with silver embossing powder then heat embossed it so it would stand out against the blue background.  After edging the bottom of the die cut piece with a narrow strip of silver cardstock, I adhered it to a piece of patterned paper.  The pattern kind of reminded me of fireworks bursting, so it seemed like a good match for a celebratory design. The panel was matted on silver cardstock then adhered to a blue card base that matches the die cut sentiment element.

Materials Used:
Bitty Birthday Wishes stamp set, Celebrate dies (My Favorite Things); Delicata Silvery Shimmer ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Ocean and Silver cardstock (Recollections); My Girl 6x6 paper pad (American Crafts); Sterling Silver embossing powder (Stampin' Up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips