Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Stay Awesome

Stay Awesome card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  The layout is for a slimline card and those are hard for me, so I went with a mini version of the slimline design.

I represented the layout's trio of round elements with a star shape from the Pierced Star STAX die set.  I used the die to cut a trio of stars from a blue cardstock panel at as evenly spaced intervals as I could eyeball.  Not too bad!  The negative space left by the die cuts was filled in by backing the panel with a slightly larger silver cardstock panel.  The silver panel was adhered to a mini slimline sized card base in the same shade of blue as the star panel.  For the sentiment I stamped the "stay awesome" sentiment from the Essential Sentiments set in black ink on a silver fishtail flag strip.  I used foam tape to position the sentiment between the two bottom stars.  I accented the strip with a trio of silver sequins for even more sparkle and shine.

Materials Used:
Essential Sentiments stamp set, Pierced Star STAX and Essential Fishtail Flag Sentiment Strips dies (My Favorite Things); Versafine Clair Nocturne ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Ocean and Silver cardstock (Recollections); silver sequins; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips