Sunday, January 31, 2021

You Make My Heart Flutter

You Make My Heart Flutter card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Lawn Fawn
Here's my card for the current Lawn Fawnatics "Lots of Love" themed challenge.  I paired images from Lawn Fawn's Butterfly Kisses set with the current sketch at CAS Colours and Sketches for this clean and simple design.

The set's bunny image was colored with Copic markers and cut out by hand. To add some texture to the image, I gave the bunny's belly and tail a coating of white flock.  I made a background for the image by adhering a curved green panel with a stitched top edge to the bottom of a light blue card base.  The bunny was placed on top using foam tape for dimension.  I stamped the "you make my heart flutter" sentiment in black ink following along the curve of the hilltop. To go with the sentiment, I used a stitched die to cut a trail with a heart embedded in the path at the top of the cardfront.  I added one of the set's tiny butterfly images to the end of the trail to finish the design.  This card may be super simple, but it still gets the message across!

Materials Used:
Butterfly Kisses stamp set, Stitched Trails dies (Lawn Fawn); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Soft Sky and Certainly Celery cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Landscape Trio dies (Mama Elephant); white flock (Stampendous); foam tape

5 comments:

  1. What a perfect little card Lori! Love the colours and the curvy layout, and that little bun is the cutest! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww so adorable! I love how you used the sketch! Thanks for joining us at CC&S:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. CAS perfection! This is so sweet and yes it does get the message across - beautifully! Thanks for joining us this week at CC$S!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori that sweet bunny and butterfly trail detail is adorable! Thanks for playing along over at CAS Colours and Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips