Saturday, February 6, 2021

Hello Friend

Hello Friend card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Concord & 9th
 Here's my card for the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches. It's a pretty literal interpretation of the sketch using stamps and dies from Concord & 9th.

I used the Modern Frame die set to create my frame from pretty gold foil cardstock. It is embellished with a spray of flowers and leaves cut with dies from the same set. After adhering the frame to the palest of pink card bases, I arranged the flowers and leaves along the lower left side of the frame. For dimension, I used foam tape on the backs of the flowers and dotted one of the branches with some pink Liquid Pearls. As usual, I managed to smear the Liquid Pearls, but I think I fixed it. I have a love-hate relationship with those things! The sentiment is a combination of stamps from the Modern Frame and Say Hello stamp sets. I stamped them in gold at the center of the frame to finish the card. I should have heat embossed the words, but after my Liquid Pearls debacle, I decided to keep things simple!

Materials Used:
Modern Frame and Say Hello stamp sets, Modern Frame dies (Concord & 9th); Delicata Golden Glitz ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Certainly Celery, Barely Banana, and Regal Rose cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Rose Petals and Gold Foil cardstock (Recollections); Petal Pink Liquid Pearls (Ranger); foam tape

4 comments:

  1. Love the simple frame with the sweet flowers! So pretty ! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your geometric take on the sketch Lori! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the clean and modern feel of this design, Lori! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card Lori! I just love that frame and those flowers! So warm and cheery! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips