Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Slimline Snow-Kissed Winter Wishes

Snow-Kissed Winter Wishes card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things

Slimline cards are a real challenge for me. So, playing along with the My Favorite Things Slimline Challenge is taking me out of my box! Here's my take on the current winter themed challenge.

I used the skating bear from the Polar Bear Pals set to make an interactive card.  The bear was colored with Copic markers and cut out by hand, then set aside while I finished the background. I used the Snowfall stencil and silver pigment ink to create a flake-filled sky.  Some shimmery white cardstock and one of the dies from the Hit the Slopes set were used to create the snowy ground. I did a little creative die cutting to extend the length of the panel to fit the slimline dimensions.  To fill in the scene, I used the Tree-Mendous dies to cut out a pair of trees for the left side of the panel.  The interactive element was placed on the right side. I used the channel die from the Surf and Turf set to create the track for my skating bear. After assembling the slider element, I put the bear in place.  The "snow-kissed winter wishes" sentiment was stamped on a narrow purple fishtail flag strip and placed a the top right side of the panel. The finished panel was adhered to a darker blue slimline sized card base.

Materials Used:
Polar Bear Pals and Ready, Set, Snow stamp sets, Hit the Slopes, Tree-Mendous, Surf and Turf, and Fishtail Flag STAX dies, Snowfall stencil, oval slider element (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black and Delicata Silvery Shimmer inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, and Close to Cocoa cardstock (Stampin Up!); Very Violet cardstock (Recollections); Crystal Stardream metallic cardstock (The Paper Cut); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. What a fun winter scene you've created on this sweet slimline card Lori! I must admit that I've not made a slimline card yet but there are so many fun dies and stencils now for them I think I'm going to have to venture out and try one!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips