Monday, February 8, 2021

Wait for the Sunshine

Wait for the Sunshine card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from My Favorite Things

Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge. I used some "classic" MFT stamps and dies along with some old designer paper for this clean and simple take on the sketch.

I didn't have any stencils or dies that could create the radiating pattern seen on the sketch, but I remembered this designer paper! Once I located it, the card came together in no time at all. I trimmed down the paper and added a die cut stitched cloud border to the bottom using foam tape. The sun was cut from orange and yellow cardstock scraps and tucked beneath the raised top edge of the clouds.  I stamped the "wait for the sunshine" sentiment from the Umbrella stamp set on a narrow yellow fishtail flag strip die cut. The strip was adhered to the cloud panel. The yellow is a great pop of color against the shimmery white! I adhered the panel to an orange card base matching the sun to finish the design. This will be perfect for someone who needs a little reminder that sunshine will be coming their way.

Materials Used:
Umbrella stamp set, Sunshine and Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Pumpkin Pie cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Bright Buttercup cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Crystal Stardream metallic cardstock (The Paper Cut); Splash 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); Landscape Trios dies (Mama Elephant); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips