Thursday, March 4, 2021

Stand Tall

Here's my card for the current challenge at The Paper Players. I used two stamp sets from Paper Smooches to create this encouraging design.

Stand Tall card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Paper Smooches
My focal image is one of the pineapples from the Pineapple Crush stamp set. I colored the image with Copic markers before cutting it out with the matching die. After loosely looping a length of gold thread along the left side of a green patterned paper panel I rescued from my scrap pile, I added the pineapple on top using foam tape for dimension. The panel was matted on kraft cardstock then adhered to a green card base. I stamped the "stand tall" sentiment on a strip of green cardstock that matches the card base. I trimmed the sentiment strip down, then used foam tape to place the text on the cardfront to finish the design.

Materials Used:
Pineapple Crush and Pineapple Crush 2 stamp sets, Pineapple Crush Icons dies (Paper Smooches); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Simply Chartreuse and Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); patterned paper (SEI); gold thread (Recollections); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, Lori! This chartreuse cardstock paired with this pattern paper is like a breath of spring! I love it! The pineapple is perfectly colored! Thank you for playing in my sketch challenge this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours and the motivational sentiment Lori - whilst I don't understand the fascination with pinapples myself, they do make for a cute card!! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card! Fun image and great colors and patterned papers!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips