Thursday, April 8, 2021

Happy Bee Day

Happy Bee Day card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Paper Smooches

Here's my card for the current Fusion challenge. I paired the sketch with elements from the inspiration photo (bee theme, color scheme) to put together this cheerful birthday card.

I created a focal image using stamps and dies from Paper Smooches. I die cut a honeycomb from silver cardstock and adhered it to the top of a blue card base. The honeycomb was topped with a bee from the Giddy Bugs set that I colored with Copic markers. To go with the bee theme, I adhered a strip of hexagon patterned paper to the bottom of the cardfront. The hexagons are meant to mimic the shapes in the honeycomb. I'm not thrilled that the pattern on the paper isn't straight--it makes it look like I cut the paper crooked even though I didn't! I had just enough room to stamp the "happy bee day" sentiment above the patterned paper. The words are a mix of stamps from the Bee Mine and Sentiment Sampler stamp sets. Using clear stamps makes it so easy to combine sentiments like I did here so my cards can say exactly what I want them to!

Materials Used:
Giddy Bugs, Bee Mine, and Sentiment Sampler stamp ets, Giddy Bug Icons and Honeycomb dies (Paper Smooches); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Cool Caribbean cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Be(you)tiful 6x6 paper pad (Authentique); silver cardstock (Recollections); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful card and thank you for sharing this over at The Fusion Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips