Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Color Throwdown 637-My Ride or Die


It's time for another Color Throwdown!. It's my turn to be the challenge hostess this week and I've chosen a color combination based on a sweet sewing kit--kraft, green, yellow, and pink.

My Ride or Die card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from SugarPea Designs
I paired the colors with the current sketch at Try Stampin' on Tuesday. My focal image is a bicycle from the SugarPea Designs Wheelie Amazing stamp set. I stamped the bike in pink and the wheels in gray, then assembled the die cut pieces using white brads to anchor the wheels. The image was adhered to a white panel with foam tape for dimension. I dressed up the bike with a basket of spring flowers on the front and a cute little puppy in the back. The panel was matted on kraft cardstock before I adhered it to a pink card base over a yellow patterned paper panel. The set's "you're my ride or die" sentiment was stamped in black ink on a narrow strip of green cardstock. I adhered the strip to the cardfront, tucking it beneath the wheels of the bike to ground it.

To play along, just create a paper crafted project using these colors as a starting point and add a direct link to your finished project using the linky tool found at the end of this week's CTD post.  As always, if you don’t have exact color matches, something close works just fine.  Just be sure that the challenge colors are the dominant ones in your project.  And, if you upload your project to an online gallery, use the keyword CTD637If you upload your projects on social media, go ahead and use the hashtag #ctd637 and #colorthrowdown.  You can find us on Instagram and on Facebook with the username colorthrowdown.  Before you get started, here’s some inspiration from the talented Color Throwdown team and this week's guest star stamper Emily Henry.

** Amy Rohl **  Amy Rysavy ** Barbara ** 
** Broni ** Lisa ** Lynn **
** Susie **  Vickie ** Wanda **
** Guest Star Stamper Emily Henry **

Materials Used:
Wheelie Amazing stamp set, Wheelie Amazing dies (SugarPea Designs); Memento Tuxedo Black, Gray Flannel inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Pink Lemonade ink (My Favorite Things); markers (Copic); Blushing Bride and Garden Green cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); designer paper (Lawn Fawn); white brads; foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Love your pink bike with the cute puppy! Darling card & wonderful use of the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet, Lori! So glad you could join me for Mojo Monday.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips