Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Beary Special Friend

Beary Special Friend card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things

Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge. I used the layout for a mostly monochromatic mini slimline design.

For my focal image, I colored the balloon and gift toting bear image from the Beary Special Birthday stamp set with Copic markers. After cutting out the colored image with the matching die, I used foam tape to adhere it to a pale pink pierced rectangle die cut. The rectangle was matted on rose cardstock, then adhered to the right side of a pink patterned paper panel. The image panel was set off from the background with a pair of pale pink slanted sentiment strip die cuts. The "for a beary special friend" sentiment was stamped on the wider bottom strip. The finished panel was adhered to a rose card base to match the mat beneath the image panel.

Materials Used:
Beary Special Birthday stamp set, Beary Special Birthday, Pierced Rectangle STAX and Slanted Sentiment Strips dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts);  markers (Copic); Pink Pirouette and Regal Rose cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Country Drive-Flutter By designer paper (Echo Park); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips